Gaming Strategy
Featured Stories
Legal News Financial News Casino Opening and Remodeling News Gaming Industry Executives Search News Subscribe
Newsletter Signup
Stay informed with the
NEW Casino City Times newsletter!
Related Links
Search Our Archive of Gaming Articles 

The Reel Life: Blame-shifting edition

9 May 2017

An English gambler is attempting to get a refund from Ladbrokes Sportsbook & Racebook for a £500 bet he says his 13-year-old son had placed on Marine Le Pen to win the French presidential election.

Unfortunately for him, there is good reason to be skeptical of his claim, since he had been bragging about the bet on social media earlier.

Colin, our gambler, had taken to Twitter in the days before the election in support of the far-right Front National candidate, tweeting "Le Pen is the best choice for France. Time for more liberal tears!!!" and, fatefully, "she has done it. I am sure of it. I have £500 on her".

Le Pen, if you've been avoiding politics lately (and we wouldn't blame you), ended up garnering a mere 34% of votes counted. Centrist candidate Emmanuel Macron got the other 66%, handily winning the French presidency.

Colin immediately took to Twitter to demand a refund from Ladbrokes and threatening to report them and several other major sports betting brands to the authorities.

Predictably, other Twitter users had a field day with this, with more than one user messaging poor Colin claiming to be a reporter interested in speaking to him, then, when he replied, saying that they weren't really a reporter and their child had sent the message. (That this gambit worked multiple times quickly became another thing to have a field day over.)

Whether or not Colin actually reports Ladbrokes to the authorities remains to be seen, but if he does, I don't think the gambling giant has much to worry about—it has an army of gleeful eyewitnesses armed with screenshots to testify in its favor.

Get in the fast lane, Grandma, this bingo game is ready to roll!

For those who enjoy an afternoon at the mall as much as an evening spinning slots, Slotland introduces the decadent new slot game The Reel De Luxe. With designer bags and shoes, perfume and jewelry spinning on its reels, The Reel De Luxe has three exciting bonus features.

To celebrate the launch of The Reel De Luxe, a $12 freebie is now available. VIP players get a $22 freebie. A choice of deposit bonuses is also available until 16 May.

"Let's face it, a lot of players have a shopping wish list in their head, ready for when they hit that jackpot!" said Slotland casino manager Michael Hilary. "The shopping fantasy gets real, though, when you start picking up huge prize money in this game's bonus game!"

The three bonus features in The Reel De Luxe can really fill players' shopping carts and boost their wins:
  • Three Bonus symbols trigger a bonus round where players select symbols to reveal prizes.
  • Shoppers love a sale, and in this game, when three Sale symbols appear, players get 10% to 100% discounts on their next three spins.
  • When three or more Present symbols appear, players click one of them to reveal an instant prize.
  • Five Necklace symbols with a minimum $5 bet wins the casino's site-wide progressive jackpot, which is currently nearly $160,000.

Until 16 May 2017, a freebie and a choice of casino bonuses with various wagering requirements are available for players wanting to try the new game.

The Reel de Luxe introductory casino bonuses
$12 Freebie — $22 Freebie for VIPs
All players that have made at least one prior deposit are eligible.
21x wagering requirement, 10x max. cash-out. Valid for Reel De Luxe only.

125% Deposit Bonus
Bonus code: TRYME
17x wagering requirement; valid for Reel De Luxe only.

80% Deposit Bonus
Bonus code: 80MATCH
10x wagering requirement; may be claimed up to twice per day; valid for all slots and progressive jackpot games.

40% Deposit Bonus
Bonus code: 40MATCH
10x wagering requirement; may be used up to twice per day; valid for all games.

These bonuses are valid 10-16 May 2017 only.

The Reel De Luxe is available exclusively at Slotland and its partner, Win A Day Casino. Famous for its friendly customer service, Slotland has been providing unique real money online slots to players all over the world for more than 18 years.

< Gaming News

The Reel Life: Blame-shifting edition is republished from