Stay informed with the
NEW Casino City Times newsletter!
Venetian renovating suites8 May 2007
LAS VEGAS, Nevada –- (PRESS RELEASE) -- The Venetian Resort-Hotel-Casino, one of the world's premier destination resort casinos, announced that it is renovating more than 3,000 of its all-suite rooms. The $100-million renovation began in early 2007 and is expected to be completed by fall 2007.
The Venetian's Resort-Hotel-Casino and its Venezia Tower include more than 4,000 suites which are nearly twice the size of the average Las Vegas hotel room with a sunken living room, marble-adorned bath, and grand amenities travelers have come to expect of The Venetian brand. Designed by KNA Interior Design of Los Angeles, the renovation will update the 3,014 suites in The Venetian, and will welcome guests to a distinctly modern European design with contemporary touches throughout. The Venezia Tower's 1,013 suites, a "hotel within a hotel," opened in 2003 with the first concierge-level in Las Vegas and will not be updated as part of the renovation project.
"The Venetian is one of the most luxurious properties in Las Vegas. Exemplary service, dining, entertainment, shopping and extraordinary accommodations define the true Venetian experience," said Rob Goldstein, president and chief operating officer of The Venetian. "This renovation places us ahead of the curve in a highly competitive tourist destination. These suites set the standard for luxury hotel accommodations not only on the Las Vegas Strip but in the world."
Modern touches exclusive to The Venetian Resort-Hotel-Casino, such as new design, carpets, furniture, and fixtures, will include:
* Three televisions: in the King suite -- 17" LCD in the bath, 32" in the living room, and 32" in the bedroom; in the Dual Queen suite -- 17" LCD in the bath, 32" in the living room, and 42" plasma in the bedroom.
* Remote control Roman shades and curtains, with first-of-its-kind "Touch Control" technology.
* Wireless dual-line telephones and wireless Internet connection.
* Oversized plush 100% cotton bath sheets by Sobella.
* DVD player and CD/clock radio alarm in all suites.
* Sectional sleeper sofa for additional seating and a more relaxed guestroom.
* Crisp white 100% Egyptian Cotton Anichini bed linens and medium-weight 100% white goose down duvets.
* Soft angora wool throw placed on each bed by Maxwell Rodgers from New Zealand.
* Sealy pillow-top mattresses with five comfort layers.
* Fresh cut flower on all bathroom vanities.
* Upgraded food and beverage amenities in the in-room minibar including Godiva chocolates, sugar-free jelly-belly's and Piper-Heidsieck champagne.
* Luxurious upholstered walls located behind the headboards.
* Backlit onyx tops at entertainment console provides a dramatic lighting effect.