CasinoCityTimes.com

Gurus
News
Newsletter
Search News Subscribe
Stay informed with the
NEW Casino City Times newsletter!
Newsletter Signup
Stay informed with the
NEW Casino City Times newsletter!

Gaming News

 

Bail Set for Las Vegas Arson Suspect in Historic Casino Fire

24 June 2003

LAS VEGAS – As reported by the Associated Press: ``A Las Vegas justice of the peace set bail at $25,000 for Moulin Rouge arson suspect Fred Ball on Monday.

``Judge William Jansen also said he would appoint a public defender to represent Ball.

``Ball, 45, and John Antwan Caver, 29, face first-degree arson and conspiracy to commit arson charges. The two could face up to 19 years in prison if convicted.

``Caver and Ball also might face federal charges because the Moulin Rouge was listed in 1992 on the National Register of Historic Places, authorities said.

``…The men were arrested last week for the May 29 blaze that burned Las Vegas'first integrated casino to the ground.

``…The long-closed casino northwest of the downtown casino district first opened in 1955 and was the city's first to welcome black patrons and entertainers when they were shunned on the Las Vegas Strip…”

< Gaming News