Stay informed with the
NEW Casino City Times newsletter!
John Marchel Archives
More Strategy Experts
2 August 2014
By John Marchel
If you are a golfer you might have the desire to go a round at Pebble Beach. If you play tennis maybe Hilton Head would be your hope or playing a few lines at the Reno National Bowling Center would be fun for bowlers. If you want to gamble you might want to go Las Vegas, Atlantic City or to Monte Carlo. But, to play in these places you need to practice and get good at your game.
In real estate it is “location, location, location.” When it comes to playing casino games you must practice, practice and practice a lot. Get yourself a deck of cards or a set of dice or even one of those small plastic roulette wheels you find in game stores. You need to practice your game so you know what your next action is or how much your next bet will be without even thinking about it. Practice enough and your actions become habits. You know what to do when you get an ace-10 in blackjack. You should have the same mental reflex when you get a 14 against dealers 5 up card. Lots of practice will payoff substantially later in the casino.
Use the computer. There are lots of inexpensive and very good computer games on the market today that provide excellent programs to play and practice on. There are even some that have a variety of games including some that you might not have played yet, like Three Card Poker and Let it Ride. Use these programs to help familiarize yourself with these new games. Use these computer games to practice your favorite game. What makes computer training so good is it is a “hands-on” learning experience which is one of the best learning techniques you can use.
You don’t have to play every minute you are in a casino. Take your time and look around. There is a saying; “stop, look and listen” that can also be applied while gambling. Use it to help you to see and understand what is going on around you. See where your favorite tables or machines are located. Find the high roller areas and see what is going on there. If you want to become a good player or even make gambling your hobby you need to know all about the gaming facility you are visiting. You need know what is going on in front of you as well as all around you.
Bet- You Didn’t Know
• It’s been estimated, both in theory and practice, that it will take at least 800 spins of a roulette wheel to begin to find a biased wheel.
• Amarillo Slim, Champion poker player, once bet former tennis champion Bobby Riggs to a game of ping pong. Slim was allowed to chose what rackets were to be used, he choose skillets or frying pans; which he a practiced with before the match; He won.
• In 1932 Bingo parlors became the only profitable business in Venice, California. Technically they were illegal, but clever operators developed variations that allowed the customer to use their “skill” to choose numbers.
• During the 14th century, in spite of being an inveterate gambler himself, King Henry VIII of England outlawed gambling when he discovered that his soldiers spent more time gambling than improving their battle skills.
• A standard casino roulette wheel takes about 30 hours to manufacture it, and will last in a casino for about 3-5 years.
• The dress standard was in full force when in 1910 an Englishman was refused entrance to the private salon in Monte Carlo casino in Monaco. The Englishman in question later became King George V.
This article is provided by the Frank Scoblete Network. Melissa A. Kaplan is the network's managing editor. If you would like to use this article on your website, please contact Casino City Press, the exclusive web syndication outlet for the Frank Scoblete Network. To contact Frank, please e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
19 July 2014Follow casino players will love you when they win after you helped them. They will love you even more as they win hand after hand based on your advice. However, when they loss, even one hand, even after five wins, they will sometimes turn on you. “Your suggestion made me lose” will be their comment. ... (read more)
5 July 2014If you have moved from slot machines to video poker, which I hope you have done, and you have mastered Jacks or Better, don’t try playing Deuces Wild, Double Bonus or Jacks Wild. At least don’t play them until you have read and understand the strategy for each of those different games. They can be very ... (read more)
24 May 2014When to tip in a casino is a difficult question. Although drinks are free in almost every casino it is recommended that you tip the cocktail waitress when you receive a drink. The amount of the tip depends on the denomination you are playing. If you are playing dollars you would probably want to tip a dollar for a drink. ... (read more)